The Hall was opened in 1912 and later enlarged. It was named for Joseph Fell Christie, a prominent villager and a major donor to the new Hall. The Bernard Clarke Room is named for a long-serving Chair of the Parish Council.
The Hall is owned by the Parish Council and leased to The Christy Memorial Hall Old Alresford Trust which is registered charity.
It is run by a committee of local residents who meet quarterly.
Chair : Carol Petty
Secretary : Bernard Tucker
Treasurer : Peter Stokes
Social Event Organiser : Sandra Cornford
TOADS representative : Stephanie Durrant